Protect the diesel fuel system from tank to tailpipe
- All-In-One Formula: Diesel Mechanic In A Bottle (DMIB) helps meet or exceed ASTM, Cummins, Peugot and HFRR specifications. Effective in High Pressure Common Rail (HPCR) Injectors and proven effective in ALL diesel fuels and diesel fuel blends.
- Complete Fuel System Cleaning: High temperature detergent cleans the entire diesel fuel system, guarding against gum and varnish build up to free up “sticky” injectors, promoting better volumetric efficiency allowing for continuously clean spray patterns.
- Maximum Lubricity: Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) blends reduce lubricity. DMIB’s advanced ULSD lubricating additive restores lost lubrication, significantly improving the condition of the cylinder liner, piston, and piston ring. Using ASTM D6709, fuel treated with DMIB produced 38% less wear scar vs. untreated fuel (320 vs. 520 micron).
- Fuel Stabilization (Antioxidant Package): DMIB controls gum and peroxide formation, stopping the formation of oxidation and asphaltenes. This is the highest standard of protection for any diesel fuel in storage (i.e. generators).
- Biodiesel Protection: 100% synthetic advanced biodiesel protection allows a higher % of biodiesel blends.
- Anticorrosive Package: DMIB prevents corrosion in fuel tanks and storage tanks above and below the fuel. DMIB protects all metals as tested by ASTM D130 (A-1 rating) and NACE (received an A rating).
- Improved Fuel Efficiency: Advanced fuel catalyst allows a more efficient burn and increased BTUs, resulting in improved fuel efficiency, horsepower and less fuel consumption.
- Reduces Regenerative Burns: Efficient combustion leads to significant reduction of exhaust smoke during acceleration and gear changing. Particulate filters stay cleaner longer, reducing filter regenerations and increasing EGR valve service life.
- Greenhouse Gas & Emission Reduction: Testing showed DMIB improved greenhouse gases & emissions: CO2 -95%, Hydrocarbons -15% (improves power), NOX -60%, O2 +19% (O2 improves engine efficiency).
- Pour-Point Depressant: Adding DMIB into No.2 (ULSD) fuel lowered pour-point by -18°F.
- Water Protection: DMIB disperses water molecules allowing them to pass harmlessly through the fuel system and burn during combustion. It also prevents bound water in the fuel from settling on the tank bottom, preventing microbial growth and asphaltenes from forming sludge which plugs and damages filters (as tested by ASTM E1064).
- Cetane Improvement: DMIB increased cetane ratings by 2 points based on ASTM D976. This assures better cold starting, reduced smoke opacity, faster warm-ups, and improved engine performance.
Note: Pumps are not included.
Fix and protect your entire diesel fuel system with Diesel Mechanic In A Bottle. This ultra-concentrated fuel additive is engineered to protect your entire fuel system from problems caused by Diesel and Bio-Diesel blended fuels. It increases fuel mileage, encapsulates water, stabilizes the fuel, keeps injectors clean, prevents gelling, increases Cetane, and extends the life of pumps and injectors. For fuel system maintenance, mix at 1 oz. per 10 gallons. For initial use, to clean the fuel system, stabilize the fuel, and for anti-gel protection, mix at 1 oz. per 5 gallons.